That's right. I've been pondering about M. Night Shamylan's movie career. I'm sure everyone has wondered this every once and a while. The man did make some good movies, but that was like, 20 years ago! Let's see, here's a list of movies he's made:
- Praying with Anger- Hindu finds out his dick father likes him. He gets angry and prays.
- Wide Awake- Never saw this. Don't know if I want to, I heard it wasn't all that successful. Anyone know what the famous 'twist' was?
- The Sixth Sense- BAM! This was Shamylan's famous movie. Not spoiling anything, when Bruce Willis died, I started screaming at the screen, half laughing, half unbelieving what just happened. This was an expertly written script.
- Unbreakable- In my opinion, this was attempting to be a cash cow on the success that The Sixth Sense was. Did it succeed? Hardly. I'd still recommend it, though. Bruce Willis is a badass.
- Signs- Second BAM! Personally, I think this movie was okay. Supposedly, it really hit it off in the movies. I saw it on DVD though.
- The Village- Hahaha. This is a pretty funny movie. We're all modern-day pilgrims because we hate the real world, and to top that off, we dress up like monsters and run around so people are scared to leave! YAY
- Lady in the Water- I'm still not sure if I liked this or not. If you like mermaids and werewolves, and middle-aged hotel maintenance men, you may like this. Heard it wasn't that big of a success, either.
- The Happening- Looked good, wasn't. Don't see this. Ever. Plants? Really?
- The Last Airbender- I didn't see it, but I heard that Shamylan hates Avatar, so decided to sell his soul to the devil for the 20th time just so he could ruin it.
- Devil- This upcoming film is the reason I typed this out. Does this look good? Maybe. I thought it looked pretty cool in the theaters, up to the point where they pressed Shamylan's name onto the screen. There's definitely going to be a twist. They're stuck in an elevator, though. How good is the twist going to be if they're stuck in a damn elevator?
Oh, and I just saw a commercial for Axe Detailers. Greatest catchphrase ever, or greatest catchphrase ever.
Axe Detailers: Cleans Your Balls
|See above for catchphrase.|